• News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts
Menu
  • News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts
Home News

Fayemi sues Arise TV, former Ekiti commissioner for defamation, demands N500m

Omotayo Daranjo by Omotayo Daranjo
January 30, 2023
in News
0
Fayemi sues Arise TV, former Ekiti commissioner for defamation, demands N500m
0
SHARES
23
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The immediate past Governor of Ekiti State, Kayode Fayemi, has filed a N500 million suit against Arise Television and a former Commissioner for Information in the state, Kayode Otitoju, for alleged defamation and malicious airing of offending broadcast against him.

The former governor is demanding N250 million from Arise TV and another N250 million from Otitoju for alleged defamatory comments made by the commissioner as an analyst on the television station on November 22, 2022.

READ ALSO

Dikko Radda Expands Masari-Era Talent Drive, Targets 10,000 Artisans for Empowerment in Katsina State

Obasanjo has no electoral value, Arewa made him president ’ – Atiku

In the suit, HAD/10/2023, filed on January 25, 2023, before an Ekiti State High Court, and made available to newsmen on Sunday, through his lawyer, Babatunde Oke, Fayemi is demanding a retraction of the defamatory statements by the first defendant (Otitoju) while appearing as an analyst on Arise TV.

Fayemi also demanded a public apology published in at least three national newspapers in Nigeria and posted on the internet/social media. He also seeks the leave of the court for a perpetual injunction restraining the defendants from making further defamatory publications or statements against him as he also demands the sum of N20 million cost of the suit from them. As well as the 10 per cent interest on the judgment sum from the date the judgment is delivered until the sum is finally liquidated.

Fayemi averred that he had been exposed and subjected to “unwarranted embarrassment, public ridicule, opprobrium, odium, and unprecedented disrepute” on account of the defendants’ false and reckless, malicious statements, which he described as mere fabrication and falsehood orchestrated to taint his good record and image as an upright man and to destroy his future political career.

He said that Otitoju made several damaging and grievous allegations against his person during the said programme, where he described him (Fayemi) as “the problem we have in Ekiti.”

These, he said, included accusing him of colluding with the Federal High Court, Ado Ekiti Judicial Division judge, Justice Babs Kuewumi, to perpetrate perversion of justice in the suit filed by an All Progressives Congress governorship aspirant, Kayode Ojo, against the governorship primary victory of Biodun Oyebanji on January 27, 2022.

Related Posts

Dikko Radda Expands Masari-Era Talent Drive,  Targets 10,000 Artisans for Empowerment in Katsina State
News

Dikko Radda Expands Masari-Era Talent Drive, Targets 10,000 Artisans for Empowerment in Katsina State

August 21, 2026
‘This one cannot rule Nigeria’ — Donald Duke reveals how IBB warned Obasanjo about Atiku
News

Obasanjo has no electoral value, Arewa made him president ’ – Atiku

August 20, 2026
UPDATED: Trump announces ‘most crushing’ economic sanctions on Iran
News

UPDATED: Trump announces ‘most crushing’ economic sanctions on Iran

August 20, 2026
‘This one cannot rule Nigeria’ — Donald Duke reveals how IBB warned Obasanjo about Atiku
News

‘This one cannot rule Nigeria’ — Donald Duke reveals how IBB warned Obasanjo about Atiku

August 20, 2026
Kane 1st, João Pedro 7th: Where Victor Osimhen ranks among the world’s best strikers
News

Kane 1st, João Pedro 7th: Where Victor Osimhen ranks among the world’s best strikers

August 20, 2026
Modi invites Tinubu to BRICS summit in New Delhi
News

Modi invites Tinubu to BRICS summit in New Delhi

August 13, 2026
Next Post
Osun: How BVAS exposed PDP’s rigging machine

Osun: How BVAS exposed PDP’s rigging machine

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The Trumpet International Magazine is a real-time and comprehensive news magazine. It is an independent, national news provider for Africans, reporting daily developments and events in South Africa and other African Countries and their Citizens based in South Africa.

Categories

  • News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts
Menu
  • News
  • Article
  • Business
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Achievement/Profile
  • Sports
  • Features
  • Adverts

Recent Post

Dikko Radda Expands Masari-Era Talent Drive, Targets 10,000 Artisans for Empowerment in Katsina State

Obasanjo has no electoral value, Arewa made him president ’ – Atiku

UPDATED: Trump announces ‘most crushing’ economic sanctions on Iran

‘This one cannot rule Nigeria’ — Donald Duke reveals how IBB warned Obasanjo about Atiku

Kane 1st, João Pedro 7th: Where Victor Osimhen ranks among the world’s best strikers

News
Dikko Radda Expands Masari-Era Talent Drive, Targets 10,000 Artisans for Empowerment in Katsina State
Read More »

Trumpet Magazine | © 2021.

Facebook Twitter Youtube Linkedin Instagram

Add New Playlist